Laminator is a key component of a successful wide-format printing work in the post-printing process. So how can you buy the most suitable laminator for your needs?
The laminating machine coats the image with film to protect the image from potentially harmful environmental conditions, avoids scratches, prolongs the life of the printed product, improves the appearance of the image, and increases the gloss or texture. In addition, the laminating machine can also laminate the soft image on rigid material.
However, some print service providers ignore the use of laminators and believe that getting images is enough, but this is not the case, and images must be converted into print. MEFU Laminator provide you a better laminating experience.
The type of laminator and film material is determined by the end use. For example, a vehicle foil is printed with a UV vinyl material and cold laminating, while a web spring panel can be printed on paper and then thermally coated with PET.
The difference between the cold laminator and the thermal laminator is as follows.
1. The material used in the thermal laminator is a heat activated, heat assisted or pressure sensitive film, and the material used in the cold laminator is a pressure sensitive material. The cold laminator can perform cold mucosing, laminating, gluing and bonding.
2. The cold laminator can cover all kinds of printed products, but the thermal laminating machine has limitations. For example, a cold laminator can cover surfaces with different gloss and texture, while a thermal laminator can only cover a glossy surface.
3. The high temperature of the thermal laminator will affect the printed image, causing the image to be out of shape.
4. The thermal laminator can apply heat-activated thermal film material to both sides of the printed product to seal the printed matter.
5. The hot laminator must have sufficient power to heat the composite film to the extent that it is activated, requiring a large amount of power; while the cold laminator requires less power.
In addition to the thermal laminator and the cold laminator, another option is a heat assisted cold laminator. The laminator is heated and the heat generated by the upper roller is not high enough to coat the heat activated film. The warm roller makes the pressure sensitive film more flexible and easier to apply.
The heated adhesive adheres to all corners and gaps of the material faster, creating a strong bond. A little heat helps reduce bubbles, wrinkles, speeds up production, reduces the time it takes to cure the film, and helps reduce "silvering".
The heat-assisted cold laminator requires less power than the thermal laminator. And it often works at 120V voltage. In addition, the heat-assisted function can be off during cold laminating.
MEFU offers you high quality heat-assisted roll laminators. Please visit us for more information http//www.coldlaminator.cn & http://www.hotlaminator.cn
When buying a laminator, there are also some factors should be considered:
1. What size do I need?
(Usually you should choose the laminating width based on your printer width)
2. How much working space does the machine need?
3. Is the machine easy to operate? How efficient is it?
4. What is the maximum laminating thickness of the laminator?
If you need more technical support about MEFU wide format laminator, please feel free to contact us. Welcome to consult!
MEFU—your best trustworthy partner!